Hon’ble Minister, Sports and Youth Welfare
The department of Sports and Youth Welfare is committed to provide the players of Madhya Pradesh, both from rural and urban areas, with comprehensive facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure, in an effort to overall enhance their performance and prospects. The government of Madhya Pradesh is making every possible effort for the evolution of sports in Madhya Pradesh with an ambition to bring more laurels to the state.
- Identify the sports talent of Madhya Pradesh at the grass root level and provide state of the art training facilities to assure optimal performance of players.
- Provide a safe environment away from home that nurtures and develops the individual talents of each student-athlete.
- Identify, develop and prepare student-athletes to be a world-class sports person and provide them with a foundation for success.
- Enhance the tactical and technical skills of Academy athletes through participation in top-rated national and international tournaments.
Awards Received by the Department
- Mukhyamantri Puraskar -2009
- Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar -2010
- Admiral Kohli Award- Awarded for promoting Sailing sports activities in the state
- National –E –Governance Award I.T.C. Tools- The Indian Government awarded a silver medal for our outstanding work in the area of I.T.Tools
- Laadli Media award from U.N.F.P.A